Monday, August 9, 2010

The Bucket List.

I'm winding down my time in SF, and suddenly, I'm realizing all of the SF things I need to do. Catch up with friends, for one. And get to know my neighbors.

Just a little while ago, while taking out the trash, I found myself chatting with my downstairs neighbor, and I wonder what's taken me so long. Apart from the rushed hellos while running up the stairs or emails about the monthly trash rotations, I'm saddened that it's taken me this long to invest in my neighbors, as they really are wonderful people. I have a million questions for them, how they got here, what they've been through, why the split, but it seems inappropriate and overly personal for a one month crash course.

There are meals to be had! Songs to be sung. And most importantly, desserts to be consumed in the company of friends I'll miss dearly.

Bucket List for SF:

  1. Benu - 1 down, 10 to go!
  2. Try Redd 
  3. Get coffee with downstairs neighbor
  4. Wicked karaoke showdown in J-town w/ Hannah & Eric.. w/ Eric as Glinda
  5. Find someone who hasn't yet seen Inception & watch said movie
  6. Beat Jan & Matt at Dr. Mario once and for all
  7. Ferry Building Farmer's Market uno mas time
  8. Knock out 50% of 7x7's Big Sweet list
  9. Go to Mayfield's when they actually have the Gilroy loaf in stock
  10. Finish A Confederacy of Dunces
  11. Check out the lovely & talented Maira Kalman's exhibit

To be continued..

1 comment:

Hannah said...

yes! wicked karaoke! MUST DO!